Customers from Third Countries order tax free!
At e-bikes4you.com all customers from third countries (for example our customers from Switzerland) order tax-free!
Once you register with an address outside the EU, all prices will be shown without VAT. Please note, however, that you will have to pay the applicable value-added tax on importing items into a third country. In addition there may be customs fees and other import charges. When shipping e-bikes, retrofit kits and batteries the freight forward company carries out all customs clearance processes and will contact you with an invoice.
If you are ordering from Switzerland, please see our leaflet detailing fees and processes.
Customs processing for our customers from Switzerland:
Option 1. Buy with German VAT
- If you prefer to have your order shipped to a german address or pick it up from our store in Kiefersfelden we will include 19% german VAT in your invoice. This is possible as part of the "Ladentisch" regulation.
- If you then pay import duty on your order, please forward a customs clearance form stamped by a customs office as well as an export document. We will then refund the german VAT.
Please note that the german VAT law does not allow the exemption from VAT on equipment/accessories for vehicles. The law always refers to cars, trucks or sports boats and never to bikes specifically, but since, in the broader sense, a bicycle is a means of transport we can not guarantee smooth handling at customs and do not accept liability for this. Please also note that this only applies to accessories and equipment, not bikes themselves. Bikes can easily be cleared at customs.
Option 2. Buy net without German VAT
Here, you have three additional options:
A.) Purchasing with an invoice amount of up to CHF 65
Due to the low value of the order and if sent to Switzerland using german / swiss post, we will settle net and you do not pay taxes and duties.
B.) Purchase with an invoice amount of more than CHF 65, but no batteries, retrofitting systems or wheels
Here we send your order with a customs declaration via German / Swiss Post and the import is processed by the Post Office. The following charges apply to you as customer:
- A turnover tax of 7,7% of the invoice amount
- Basic charge for check-in 11.50 Swiss francs
- 3% of the taxable value (excluding import and customs clearance)
Further information is available on the website of the Confederation, the cantons and municipalities at https://www.ch.ch/en/waren-im-ausland-bestellen/
C.) Purchase of batteries (bicycle rechargeable batteries), conversion systems and bicycles
Because of the size (Velo) or due to dangerous goods regulations (batteries with more than 100Wh capacity and conversion kits) we ship with a freight forwarder. Shipping for batteries is €60 and we will ship complete bikes for free, however the following charges will apply to you:
- 7,7% import turnover tax
- Basic charge for the dispatch of the forwarding Schenker currently approx. 93 € (101,50 CHF)
- Duty of 47 francs per 100 kg gross weight of batteries and kits (code 87149990)
- Duty-free for bicycles (code 8711.6000)
This information is provided voluntarily and to the best of our knowledge. We assume no liability, in particular not with changes in customs and tax law, but would like to draw attention to the costs that arise during your purchase.
Enjoy browsing and we hope you have a great time with your new purchases!
Your e-bikes4you.com team